The content of this blog is the creator's own thoughts and does not represent the views or opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government. I would also like to apologize for all my spelling and grammatical errors... there will be a lot.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Host Family and PST (part 5)

Alright and that brings us to today. So after a few days I managed to make it to, my host family. They were very excited to have me arrive. My hut came complete with curtains and a lace room divider. My family is comprised of my Bamayo, Batata and many small children. My compound is about 2k from the training center and about 6k from the boma (town). I live with not electricity or running water and honestly it hasn't phased me yet. If anything its fascinating to actual monitor the water you use and all the things you need to go about your day.

And our days are busy... on a typical day I wake up at 5:30-6am and got to classes until 6 or 7pm, I generally pass out by 8. I am currently learning Bemba so that means that I will be placed in either Northern, Luapula, or Central province. Anyway times up. I just want to say I love you all and facebook is all that is available on my phone so hit me up there!

No comments: