The content of this blog is the creator's own thoughts and does not represent the views or opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government. I would also like to apologize for all my spelling and grammatical errors... there will be a lot.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Twas the night before staging

Alright that its! It's time! My flight it tomorrow at 4 and I should be getting into Philly at 5ish. I was playing with the video on my camera and I made a little something for everyone who reads this (hi mom!).


(Sorry about the Um's)

Anyway I have magically managed to pack everything with amazing ease. I'm honestly in shock. I'm bringing with me checked bags (One LARGE pack and a smallish duffel) and I'm carrying on my day pack and my largest purse.


So what do you pack for 2 years in Africa? If you are me...

Luggage –

  • Osprey Ariel 75 Pack (4200 cu in) - checked
  • Mid-sized Red Duffel Bag - checked
  • Day pack (2000 cu in) – carry on

Clothing –

  • Dress shirt long sleeve x 1
  • Casual/dressy Tops x 5
  • Tank tops x 5
  • Knee Length Shorts x 1
  • Dresses x 2
  • Jeans x 1
  • Skirts x 5
  • T-shirts x 3
  • PJ pants x 3
  • Sleep shorts x 3
  • Sweather/shawl x 2
  • Columbia Rain Jacket x 1
  • Rain Suit x 2
  • Work out shorts (I always wear shorts under skirts) x 4
  • Work out pants x 2
  • Leggings x 4
  • Socks x 5-10
  • Underwear x10-15
  • Bras x 4
  • Sports Bras x 2
  • Hiking lo-top shoes x 1
  • Chaco sandals x 2
  • Dressy Flats x 1
  • Running shoes x 1
  • Dress boots x 1 (Wearing)

Toiletries -

  • Tweezers
  • Nail Clippers
  • Nail File
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Body Wash
  • Lotion
  • Hand Salve
  • Deodorant
  • Razor and extra blades
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Baby Wipes
  • Diva cup

Camping Gear -

  • Nalgenes x3
  • Camelbak Reservoir
  • Mamont Limelight 2p Tent
  • Kelty Cosmic 35 sleeping bag
  • Sleeping pad
  • Head Lamp
  • Sea to Summit Towel
  • Leather Man Tool
  • Backup multitool
  • Hobotool (best thing ever)

Useful Electronics -

  • Olympus Stylus Tough Camera (Point and Shoot)
  • Cannon Rebel xti (SLR)
  • KINDLE!!! (I’m in love with this thing)
  • Solio Solar Charger
  • Adapters

Books -

  • Globetrotter Guide to Zambia
  • Dead Aid: How there is a better way for Africa
  • 20 Kindle books

Educational Supplies -

  • Phonics, Word, Number, Color & etc, Flash Cards
  • Everything New Teacher Book
  • Painless - Grammar Writing and Spelling (half for myself and half for teaching haha)
  • Websters misspeller's dictionary (you have no idea how much I need this...)
  • Pocket dictionary and thesaurus
  • Literacy and the Arts for the Integrated Classroom
  • Instruction for all Students
  • LARGE world map

Fun Things -

  • Duncan Yo-yo
  • 5 Blank Travel Journals (Haha my friends know me very well…)
  • Address Book

Last Min Things –

  • Can opener
  • Duct Tape
  • Stationary
  • Envelopes
  • Sewing kit

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with everything Lisa! I hope the next two years are amazing. =) We'll miss you! <3
-Meira