The content of this blog is the creator's own thoughts and does not represent the views or opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government. I would also like to apologize for all my spelling and grammatical errors... there will be a lot.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Staging!

WOO! Got my staging E-mail and booked my flight with SATO (despite some E-mail issues) So here is my staging info!

Monday, January 31, 2011: (Updated - date changed by SATO)
+ 4:00 PM - Flight from MacArthur to Philly
+ 5:11 PM - Arrive in Philly find way to hotel
+ Check in at the hotel
+ 6:00 PM - Registration- Official registration as a Peace Corps trainee – turn in your completed forms.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011:
+ 7:00 AM - Registration
+ 7:30 AM - Meet in lobby for departure to clinic. To avoid taking duplicate vaccinations, bring a copy of your physician’s proof of immunization to your Staging event.
+ 8:00 - 10:00 AM - Clinic appointment
+ 1:00 - 3:45 PM - Icebreaker Who We Are What’s Expected of You
+ 3:45 - 4:00 PM - Break
+ 4:00 - 6:30 PM - What You Expect What’s Next Closing

Wednesday, February 2, 2011:
+ 2:00 AM - Check out of hotel
+ 2:30 AM - Bus arrives for loading and departure to New York JFK Airport (funny because that's 20 miles from my house)
+ 10:40 AM - Flight departs for Zambia

Thursday, February 3, 2011:
+ 8:40 AM - Arrive at Johannesburg, South Africa (15 hr flight - ahhhhhhhh its like Germany all over again)
+ 10:30 AM - Depart from Johannesburg (2 hr. flight)
+ 12:20 PM - Arrive: Lusaka, Zambia (Woo!)

In other news, I'm making some progress in the packing up of my material possessions. So far I have about 2 bags and 1 LARGE box to donate and have throw out a few bags. I need to get my room in "moving" condition for while I'm gone. Been doing it about an hour or so a day instead of one big move to prevent insanity. As for peace corps packing my room is currently being over taken by things that are going to be packed. More to come stay tuned.

No comments: