The content of this blog is the creator's own thoughts and does not represent the views or opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government. I would also like to apologize for all my spelling and grammatical errors... there will be a lot.

Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Time for Africa! (in 3 days)

Oh man, where did January go? Staging is Monday I'm the expected combination of excited, amazed, and anxious. Most anxiety is about packing, haha. I have to tell you packing for the Peace Corps is one of those tasks you think will be annoying but doable, and it sneaks up on you! We can only bring 2 checked in bags (that can't weigh over 80lbs) and one carry on.

I had started to pack then realized that that it is the wet season! I should water proof everything... this is proving hard to do because Long Island has decided to be one continuous snow storm all day every day. And I live in a small apartment, so the fumes from the waterproof-er would kill us instantly.

I still cant believe its time to leave! I have been using my time off to visit family and read every book I can on Africa. I am so grateful that I got to see my family before I left and I am thankful for how supportive they have been about this adventure.

Anyway here is a picture of the stuff currently taking over my living space:


That btw isn't including my clothes, ugh I wish had magical packing fairies to help me.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

those are the same chacos i got! (the hipthong treads in brown :) i felt a little more like an African PCV after they arrived..