The content of this blog is the creator's own thoughts and does not represent the views or opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government. I would also like to apologize for all my spelling and grammatical errors... there will be a lot.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy Busy Busy




Getting ready for departure is tough, but not is physician sort of way (although my hand is cramping from all the forms). It's mentally hard to completely put your life on hold for the next 2 years.

So far I have sent in the Resume, aspiration statement, passport, and visa. I have also informed my job about leaving (they are very excited for me but they were very sad). Today I finally told the parents of my students, their were tears - I have gotten very close with the families I work with and I will miss them so much. I have bought a few things (new hiking shoes, a new water container, some Nalgenes and a book). I still have stuff to do though...

After I get all the staging info, and after my last day of work (January 14th) I plan on packing, calling my bank/credit card/student loans/gym, then visiting family and friends before I leave.

There is still more to do but for now I'm just working up the nerve and tact to tell my kids about leaving... you try explaining for a group of 4-5 year olds that you are leaving to teach in Africa.

In the mean time enjoy these videos from http://carrie-in-africa.blogspot.com/2009/11/rainy-season.html about her Peace Corps service in Zambia.



No comments: